Author Topic: Multiple Accounts: [CC]dystro, J3ROME  (Read 15464 times)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Multiple Accounts: [CC]dystro, J3ROME
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
We (the committee) have decided. The End.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »
too cool to answer back. you know you were wrong in the way you went about this. nice job.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 01:41:33 PM »
too cool to answer back. you know you were wrong in the way you went about this. nice job.

Have you read any of my comments in this thread? We have tried to answer you to the fullest, but in the end there is no valid argument being given to us.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 01:48:37 PM »
Any of you that know me know that I will argue tooth and nail for something I believe in.
If "I knew I was wrong" I would be fighting to reverse the decision.
I think the committee made the right choice in this matter.

Regardless of everything I just said above, the committee made its choice, is convinced it is the right choice, and nothing you say here will change that.

All cases will continue to be judged impartially. Multiple accounts are a bannable offense to the degree as deemed by investigation and discussion withing the committee.

Thank you...come again!

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 02:18:16 PM »
Give the committee a break, it's tough to be in a position of power without knowing how you'll fit in... honestly, when I was first a mod here, I wanted to make these forums exactly how I thought they should be... professional, approachable, etc.  Stuff I removed and banned for then, isn't what I believe in now.

Sure some stuff the committee will do at the beginning will seem asinine (unfortunately it's true), but once they've figured out how much they matter to the community, why people elected them, and how much their decisions help or hurt the game, I believe they' might change some of the rules they've made, but even better, they'll just make better rules to begin with.

-y00tz

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
It tells you  that you are only allowed to register one account, but it doesn't say what will happen to you once you make it.
Actually Queenie it does.
Registering more than one account may result in a global ban from all game servers.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 03:19:50 PM »
Thats just been recently changed Apocolypse. Thanks to Queenie for bringing that issue up.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 03:39:01 PM »
I think dystro was double clanning for another clan. Longer ban!

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 03:46:29 PM »
Thats just been recently changed Apocolypse. Thanks to Queenie for bringing that issue up.
Oh I didn't remember seeing it but I assumed I must of missed it before.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 03:52:39 PM »
I told Lekky to change it.

Guess he took the initiative :D

But there goes my loophole... :-\

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 03:54:59 PM »
I got your message, but as I mentioned before, it was AFTER we determined that you had a second account.  One (or more) of the committee members contacted you to find out why you had a second account, after which you messaged me.

Even if the global login account was "accidental", the reason for creating an additional (forum) account was ban worthy, anyway, in my opinion.
why aren't you guys listening...they found out before he came forward so even if he made it on "accident" he still could be banned because he didn't admit to it right after making it.

EDIT: I know the committe made their decision but I decided to post that anyway.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 04:37:45 PM »
i dropped the fact that dystro's ban is longer than it should be, because i know it's done and it wont be changed. what i am trying to say is that you gave no one a notice or a chance to actually come clean about having multiple accounts. but i guess if you guys think this is the right way then so be it.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 04:41:49 PM »
Have you read any of my comments in this thread? We have tried to answer you to the fullest, but in the end there is no valid argument being given to us.

all the comments are just quotes from old threads. "if you would have read the rules blah blah blah" he obviously didnt. he did not know it would lead to a ban, and he also did not know that you didnt have to make a login account to post on the forums. it was totally accidental and somehow he got a full 16 day ban because "we the committee didnt believe it." oh well. excrement happens, it's done.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 04:51:28 PM »
Why then, did he play using that account? That doesn't sound like an accidental forum registration.

We have discussed this case thoroughly, and as a Committee came to a decision. We came to a decision after looking at all the evidence, and we feel we made the correct decision. Nothing is this thread has made us think otherwise.

all the comments are just quotes from old threads. "if you would have read the rules blah blah blah" he obviously didnt. he did not know it would lead to a ban, and he also did not know that you didnt have to make a login account to post on the forums. it was totally accidental and somehow he got a full 16 day ban because "we the committee didnt believe it." oh well. excrement happens, it's done.

You obviously haven't read the previous posts i made in this thread.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 06:30:41 PM »
im not even talking about dystro anymore. i dropped that already, but guess you didnt notice. what i am about to say has nothing to do with the ban on dystro.

what i have been saying since the beginning is that you never gave anyone a chance to come forward and explain why it is they created a second, third, forth, etc... account. instead of letting people know you were going on a search you just started banning people. imo this is wrong. you should have atleast given them a chance to explain what they were thinking or what they were trying to accomplish by making another account.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 06:38:28 PM »
THEY NEED SEARCH WARRANTS!!

:D

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »
im not even talking about dystro anymore. i dropped that already, but guess you didnt notice. what i am about to say has nothing to do with the ban on dystro.

what i have been saying since the beginning is that you never gave anyone a chance to come forward and explain why it is they created a second, third, forth, etc... account. instead of letting people know you were going on a search you just started banning people. imo this is wrong. you should have atleast given them a chance to explain what they were thinking or what they were trying to accomplish by making another account.

Interesting point cola, its kind of hard to to make a decision that will please everyone. On one hand people have broken the rule, so why should they even be given a chance to explain, on the other hand there may have been a genuine mistake on their part. We have been talking to people we investigate when we feel its appropriate to get some further information, or to clarify issues.

I can understand your anxieties about us just coming out and banning people, but honestly thats not the case, if we did that trust me, there would be 10x as many of these threads right now. We also take at minimum a couple of days to make decisions, in fact we can't put forward an answer or opinion until all the facts are gained, there is no option for us to do that, which forces us to make sure we are making informed decisions.

I don't think anyone has been surprised to see their name in a ban thread as we have talked to each person before the ban was handed out. We are trying to do whats right for everyone, and trying not to make mistakes, if we do then we will accept them and try to make amends, but so far I don't think we have.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »
thanks for responding to what i was actually saying. sounds good to me.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »
We talked to dystro, and either way his intents were malicious, and that's how we came up with this decision

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2007, 07:51:36 PM »
My intents were malicious, how come my ban time hasn't been increased?

Also, when am I going to get banned for my hacks.

I know they're undetectable, but come on.

*winks*