Author Topic: Multiple Accounts: [CC]dystro, J3ROME  (Read 15328 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Multiple Accounts: [CC]dystro, J3ROME
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:26:34 AM »
 5100   [CC]dystro
 36752   J3ROME

coLa

• Autococker
Re: Multiple Accounts: [CC]dystro, J3ROME
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:02:33 AM »
how many days?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »
[CC]dystro, J3ROME
Reason: Multiple accounts
Created: 2007-10-11 02:28:07, Modified: 2007-10-11 02:29:33, Expires: 2007-10-27 02:29:33
Days Left: 15.7

didn't he admit to using multiple accounts? why is it 16 days?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 10:04:02 AM »
The offense was with forethought and malicious intent.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »
The second account was determined to be his before he admitted to it.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
That's funny. 

He only made the account by accident.  He meant to make a forum account, to vote for the committee.  But made a global login account.

Seeing as he doesn't use this forum ever.  Noticing that he has 9 posts.  He didn't know what he had to do to make an account the right way.

dystro

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »
The second account was determined to be his before he admitted to it.

You act like you're sitting around on irc 24/7 waiting for me to message you, considering whenever i do you just ignore it anyways. I also explained it to you just like how jigsaw said.  Meaning that i only meant to make a forum account, and not a login name.  So by me making a mistake and then admitting to it, i don't see how that should warrant a full ban.

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »
HAHA you got banned !!! LOL !11! Sry, just cant believe the whole accident part.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 02:07:23 PM »
Meaning that i only meant to make a forum account, and not a login name.

If you thought that was the way to make a forum account, why didn't you just try to log in using account 5100? Seen as though you had already gone through the process anyway? Thats not even mentioning that you also have to explicitly click to agree to only having one account.

Couldn't you remember your forum login to the account you are posting with now? You know the one you created last year? Even if you wanted to create a new account, couldn't remember how you did it last time?

He only made the account by accident.  He meant to make a forum account, to vote for the committee.  But made a global login account.

Are you trying to say he wanted to create another account to vote more than once?

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 02:20:08 PM »
way to go by the rules. he DID admit to making another account. it WAS an accident. even though the ban isn't too long he still shouldn't get the full 16 days because he did come forward. he did not know you had already found out he had a second account. bullexcrement committee.

# Admitted registration of multiple accounts = 8 day ban
# Accidental registration of multiple accounts = warning

he admitted it, and also stated it was an accident. so why does he get 16 days? don't make up rules and/or punishments if you are not going to follow them.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 02:30:35 PM »

he admitted it, and also stated it was an accident. so why does he get 16 days? don't make up rules and/or punishments if you are not going to follow them.

I think there is a clause somewhere which states that for each condition you meet, a multiplier of that degree will be applied to the highest ban length of the met conditions.  In this case it would be 2x on 8 days, for a grand total of 16 days. [/sarcasm]

No idea why anyone thought to start the committee off with a witch-hunt for multiple accounts would be the best course of action.  Not really the best way to win over everyone's trust.  Maybe it could have been started by settling some name disputes or coming up with a couple forum/server/account policies...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 02:37:07 PM »
way to go by the rules. he DID admit to making another account. it WAS an accident. even though the ban isn't too long he still shouldn't get the full 16 days because he did come forward. he did not know you had already found out he had a second account. bullexcrement committee.

The Committee doesn't believe it was an accident, refer to my post above. As for admitting it, admitting to it after we have discovered the fact does not grant you redemption, neither does it grant you an 8 day ban. We are following the rules we have set out.

No idea why anyone thought to start the committee off with a witch-hunt for multiple accounts would be the best course of action.  Not really the best way to win over everyone's trust.  Maybe it could have been started by settling some name disputes or coming up with a couple forum/server/account policies...

Witch hunt? We do not sit around thinking of players names to check for multiple accounts. We do however follow leads, that is for instance, people informing us of a suspicious account accompanied with a good reason.

As for your suggestion to start off with different issues, why should we dismiss part of what we were set up for to try to "gain trust" falsely? We do deal with each and every issue that we can, we do not just deal with multiple accounts issues. Surely the best way to gain trust is to treat each issue that arises equally as we have been doing?

I'd also like to say that we are happy for people to comment on our decisions, thats one reason why these ban threads are made, and not simply put on the ban list. We do not want to make poor decisions, and if we do, we are glad to know that Community will let us know of it. But this is a two way relationship, issues need to be discussed that are worthy to, and have a reason to be discussed.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 02:57:40 PM »
I've looked at and read all kinds of issues, not just multiple accounts.
As far as I see it, every member on this committee has been fair and as informed as they could be in making their votes and comments on matters.
For me, the choice to vote for any ban is hard. I hate to see people get banned, but rules are rules without bias.

I think, once the initial overwhelming number of issues are cleared out, people are going to get the message that those explicit instructions that sit right in front of your face when you make an account are there for a reason. Even if there is question, there is no reason an account creation can't be delayed till a committee member, or Jitspoe, is talked to about it. At the very least, if you tell a committee member that you are creating an account, and not sure you already have one, or about any confusion you may have, when the multiple account infraction is brought before the committee that committee member can stand up for your intentions and confusion on the matter. It's not rocket science.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 03:15:25 PM »
You act like you're sitting around on irc 24/7 waiting for me to message you, considering whenever i do you just ignore it anyways. I also explained it to you just like how jigsaw said.  Meaning that i only meant to make a forum account, and not a login name.  So by me making a mistake and then admitting to it, i don't see how that should warrant a full ban.
I got your message, but as I mentioned before, it was AFTER we determined that you had a second account.  One (or more) of the committee members contacted you to find out why you had a second account, after which you messaged me.

Even if the global login account was "accidental", the reason for creating an additional (forum) account was ban worthy, anyway, in my opinion.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
jits i love you (no homo) but i might have to go with coLa on this one.

He did in deed come forward regardless of whether or not he was already under suspicion. I do not believe the committee followed the rules they provided =\

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
This is really bullexcrement.

It was a complete accident on his part.  He didn't mean to make a global login account to play dp.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 04:36:44 PM »
Jig... i dont think its bull excrement because of the accidental aspect... more because the ban is twice as long as it should be =\. He did tell the committee he had made a second one on accident regardless... also if that be the case, why wasnt Haze banned for his accidental account a few months ago?

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 04:37:15 PM »
By the way, I know this is a little off topic, but why should someone get banned in-game for registering another account?

I know of no other games that run by this rule.

Just seems odd to me. 

Maybe the account should get deleted, maybe a warning, but a full out ban?

My oh my, its as if they were wallhacking, but only with only have the screen see-through. (Hence the 16 day ban :P)

Anywho, unban dystro.  He wouldn't have known to come forward until after the committee member messaged him, as Jigsaw stated: He hardly ever visits the forums.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 04:40:46 PM »
im with queenie but i think that since he never lied about having made it that he should only have an 8 day TOPS for honesty... I think this is where you're going to start to have some discretion toward the committee...

I totally agree with this committee idea but like, i dont see where or why you would come up with banning him this long given the circumstances